Trying to log into Amazon using 1Password my offered password is rejected....

Using Chrome on my iPad. I have my 1Password login for Amazon and the 1Password browser extension. I try and log into my Amazon account but when I offer up my fancy 1Password password it is rejected. I have told Chrome not to remember any passwords so what else should I have done?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Using Chrome on my iPad why would Amazon login reject my 1Password password.

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JohnMcR,

Thanks for writing into us here at AgileBits and welcome to the Forum :chuffed:

Hmm, if your new password doesn't work maybe something went wrong when you changed it on Amazon's website / app - does your old password still work?

Best regards,
    Matthew

• JohnMcR
    JohnMcR
    Community Member

Hi Matthew,
    Yes, the original password still works. When I created the new password in 1Password I assumed it would replace the original one - is there another step to complete?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @JohnMcR,

I'm thinking the following page, Change your passwords and make them stronger may help. We don't have the ability to automatically change a password on a site for you but we've designed 1Password to try and help when you do. The page has a video which I hope is also helpful. If you still have questions or it doesn't help please do let us know.

• JohnMcR
    JohnMcR
    Community Member

Doh! The penny has dropped. It was obvious when I thought about it but I was slightly distracted by all the functionality when I first explored 1Password. It is such a practical solution I was determined to find out how to do it. What I would have found really useful would have been a one screen graphic overview with all the key functions and the tasks required by the user.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up! The feedback is appreciated. We'll keep working to make 1Password more intuitive. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.