apple watch 1password app not working

yongpwi
yongpwi
Community Member

I just bought an Apple watch.

and I have updated the iPhone 6s iOS to the latest version (10.3.1).

And I set up Apple Watch 1password app.

However, as shown in the attached image

Even if I wait a long time, the application will be terminated even if it is in the state of drawing.

I can find and delete a lot of articles, restart and reset the iPhone and watch, but it will not work properly.

and the iOS 1password app I'm using is in a normal purchase.

1Password Version: ios 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 10.3.1, watch os 3.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yongpwi: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Definitely try simply restarting your watch if you haven't already. I haven't had an issue like that with watchOS failing to launch an app that wasn't solved by doing that.

If you're still having trouble, please do the following:

1. Connect both the Apple Watch and iPhone to power
    2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down to 1Password, and set Show on Apple Watch to the off position
    3. Open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Apple Watch and set Enable Apple Watch to the off position
    4. Wait for it to stop saying "Uninstalling..." (this may never happen, but give it 5 minutes and then move on)
    5. View the apps on your actual Watch and if it is gone (in some cases, even those that completed "Uninstalling..." still show up)
    6. If it's still shown there, hold your finger on it and then tap the (x) (this may not work either)*
    7. Regardless, hold the pill-shaped Side Button on the Watch and Power Off (you'll need to disconnect the power temporarily to do this)
    8. Then, after backing up any local vaults and ensuring you know the Master Password, uninstall 1Password from the iPhone, hold the iPhone's Lock Button, and Slide to Power Off
    9. Power on both the Apple Watch and iPhone
    10. Verify that 1Password is not shown on the Apple Watch and that this is reflected in the Watch app on the iPhone as well (if not, go back to the beginning)
    11. In 1Password on the iPhone, set Enable Apple Watch to on
    12. In Watch on the iPhone, go to 1Password and set Show on Apple Watch to on
    13. Wait for the app to finish Installing...
    14. Add a new item to Apple Watch by toggling the option in its details.

*Others have found that reinstalling 1Password for iOS and restarting the iPhone (hold Wake/Sleep and Home) helps, but be sure to backup your data first if you're not using a 1Password.com Account.

Let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• yongpwi
    yongpwi
    Community Member

Thank you for your kind explanation.

However, it is the same situation even if we go through the method several times.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yongpwi: I'm not really sure what the problem could be then. 1Password can't launch itself, so it's up to the OS to do so. Issues like this are much less common since watchOS 3 was released fortunately, but I'm sorry that yours isn't working properly. There really isn't anything 1Password can do to help if it isn't even able to run. The only thing remotely related to 1Password itself that could cause this is if the app itself is damaged, which is why I suggested such detailed (and tedious) steps. Please be sure to follow them all exactly, and if you skipped the part about backing up and reinstalling a fresh copy of the app, please do so and let me know if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.