Paid Pro mobile version not syncing to Mac Read only

Options

I had to reinstall 1Password on my Mac which had the read only version. I had it syncing with my pro version on the phone through Dropbox. Now however, when I try setting it up to "restore" using Dropbox to get my list of logins back, it can "see" the file in Dropbox, but does not sync it's data on to my Mac. Can you tell me what may be happening or how to get my logins back on to the Mac?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ejsanders,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble getting things set up again on your Mac!

I had to reinstall 1Password on my Mac which had the read only version.

It sounds like you downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store, but did not purchase it from there (which is why it was in read-only mode). Did you purchase a license for the Mac version of 1Password from the AgileBits Store? Were you using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password before switching to the Mac App Store version? And have you switched (back?) to the AgileBits Store version by downloading/installing it from our download site?

...when I try setting it up to "restore" using Dropbox to get my list of logins back, it can "see" the file in Dropbox, but does not sync it's data on to my Mac.

Can you please elaborate on what you see when you launch the 1Password app on your Mac, and what steps you're taking to try to sync your data from Dropbox? After reinstalling the AgileBits Store version and opening it for the first time, did you see a 'Welcome' screen that asked if you had used 1Password before? If so, did you choose the Dropbox option on that screen?

Thanks in advance! :)

• ejsanders
    ejsanders
    Community Member
    Options

I had just downloaded it from the app store rather than from AgileBits. By deleting and downloading from the link you provided, it did the trick and everything is back, thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news! Thanks for letting us know that switching back to the AgileBits Store version solved the problem for you. It sounds like you're all set now, but please let us know if you need anything else. :)

• ejsanders
    ejsanders
    Community Member
    Options

Followup; after getting 1Password 6 reinstalled on the Mac, it now shows all my logins that have synced over from my iPhone, however on my browsers now when I try opening a login it opens the page but does not fill in any of the login details like the username or password. This happens in all my browsers including Firefox and Chrome. I have tried reinstalling the extensions, restarting the computer, reinstalling 1Password, check for updates, add the proxy server details, ensured the setting for 1Password mini is set to run, ensured the preferences are set to automatically fill usernames and passwords. What else am I missing? I cannot figure out why it won't fill in the logins. It will open the page but that's it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ejsanders,

If you click on the 1Password icon in the MacOS menu bar do you see any text in red or blue at the top of the menu and if you do, what does it say?

• ejsanders
    ejsanders
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Not sure if that uploaded but it just has the "Trial expired. Click here to buy" message.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ejsanders,

Do you know where you purchased 1Password for Mac from? Using the email address you registered with here in our forums (only visible to AgileBits - don't worry) I did try looking for a 1Password account or licence purchased from our own store but found nothing. It leaves open the possibility of a different email address or the possibility that you purchased from Apple's Mac App Store although the read-only message would suggest that isn't the case. At the very least we do have the explanation for filling not working, as long as 1Password believes it is in a read-only or trial expired state it will not fill.

We may need to take this to email given locating a licence may need asking you about email addresses, details too personal for a public support forum. Just before we do though let's see if you remember where you purchased 1Password for Mac or if you have an active 1Password account and take it from there.

• ejsanders
    ejsanders
    Community Member
    Options

I don't recall. I do get this screen which says it is licensed but it does not appear to be.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ejsanders,

Unfortunately, if you're seeing that popup it means you currently don't have a license associated with 1Password - that message "You are licensed" is a bug in 1Password that should be resolved in a more recent version.

If you have purchased 1Password already and are having trouble finding the relevant details please contact us to discuss this further at the following web page. You will get a reply with a code - something like [RMJ-12345-123] - please reply to my comment with this code so we can trace the discussion back to here. It would also be very helpful if you could include a link to this discussion thread when you use the contact form.

https://support.1password.com/contact/

If you haven't purchased 1Password I would highly recommend signing up for a 30-day trial of 1Password Membership available here:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

Any questions are very welcome :chuffed:

Matthew

This discussion has been closed.