iP6 needs factory reset, need to get 1Password saved/transferred??

Options
Tottenham2
Tottenham2
Community Member

Hello,

My iPhone 6 needs to be factory reset and each app reinstalled individually...Apple says there's a corruption in the data that is housed in the restore from back up option so reinstalling one by one is my only option.

I did a factory reset and reinstalled 1Password but it asked me for my email address, a Secret Key and a Master Password. I'm assuming the Master Password is the one I use regularly with the app. However, I'm not completely sure what email address I used (though I could probably figure it out through process of elimination) but I definitely don't know anything about the Secret Key.

I purchased the app a couple of years ago (3 or 4) and as a standalone and downloaded the software for 1Password 4 onto Windows. From what I can tell the 1Password 4 software is out of date but I'm not sure if that's an issue.

Is there any way I sync the info in the app on my phone to the software on my laptop, then back up, and then reinstall on my phone after the factory reset so that all my info is still included in the app?

Please help! Desperate! Rely on this app daily

Thank you

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: via PC

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

@Tottenham2: Thanks for reaching out. First and foremost, it's important to note that we don't have your data, and that it can only be recovered if you have a copy of it somewhere.

You'll only have a Secret Key if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. It sounds like you've already reset your iPhone. I hope not, and if you haven't, please backup your 1Password data before destroying everything there!

However, if you've already reset it, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or start over. It sounds like you may have your 1Password data on your PC. Is that the case? What sync method were you using between the two previously? Please let me know, and don't do anything else until we've established a plan.

• Tottenham2
    Tottenham2
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: thanks for the response. I was able to sync the info in the 1Password app to the software on my PC laptop. I think the software is related to the older 1Password 4 so I'm not sure if a back up would be possible for me when I reinstall the 1Password app on my iPhone. But if nothing else, at least I can see all the info that was in the app now on my PC. However, I won't be doing much in that regard as my phone is now a "brick"...is that the right term? In an issue unrelated to 1Password my phone has become useless, I was told it has "touch disease", not sure if that's common lingo either. So my main task at hand is figuring out a solution with Apple. If there's anything I can do in the meantime with my standalone 1Password app, please let me know. I love the app and use it multiple times daily

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brenty: thanks for the response. I was able to sync the info in the 1Password app to the software on my PC laptop.

@Tottenham2: Awesome! Thanks for the update. :)

I think the software is related to the older 1Password 4 so I'm not sure if a back up would be possible for me when I reinstall the 1Password app on my iPhone. But if nothing else, at least I can see all the info that was in the app now on my PC.

That's a relief! I'm glad you've got access to your data.

As an aside, while not all versions of 1Password use the same backup format, you can always restore a backup using the same version with which it was created. And once you have an OPVault or AgileKeychain vault, pretty much any version can read those.

However, I won't be doing much in that regard as my phone is now a "brick"...is that the right term? In an issue unrelated to 1Password my phone has become useless, I was told it has "touch disease", not sure if that's common lingo either. So my main task at hand is figuring out a solution with Apple. If there's anything I can do in the meantime with my standalone 1Password app, please let me know. I love the app and use it multiple times daily

Wow. I've never heard of that before, but it sounds ominous. I'm not sure much can be done with regard to 1Password for iOS in the mean time then, but so long as you have all of your data on your PC (and hopefully backed up elsewhere as well) that's at least one less thing to worry about. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

This discussion has been closed.