Suggestion: Option to Keep Last Search Result in Mini

Phoeneix
Phoeneix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This is just a suggestion that I'd find helpful, and maybe some others would too. Since I use Edge and thus don't have a browser plugin, I'll frequently open 1Password mini, search for the site, then copy something such as my username via the right-click. Then I'll immediately do the same thing again to copy the password field. Each time I open mini, though, I naturally need to re-search for the login. I think it would be cool if there was an option in settings to keep the last search active, even after the mini window has closed, until you the user specifically cancels the search or searches for something new. Just a thought! Love the program, though, and how it is improving! (The speed increases are particularly awesome!)

1Password Version: 6.6.403d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Phoeneix: Hmm. Good point. I'm not sure that we want 1Password mini retaining the search state, as in most other cases that could be just as annoying. But there are a couple things that we can do to help here in time:

1. Edge support — this is something we're actively working on, and while I can't give a time frame, we're excited to be working with Microsoft to make this happen. We want this as much as you do, and I think it's important that we focus our development resources here rather than on workarounds.
    2. Pinning/anchoring — this is something we have in 1Password for Mac, and while I can't make any promises, being able to stick some item details to go back and forth to copy and paste (or edit) could help in a number of situations.

Thanks for your feedback on this, and the kind words. While we're happy about just how far 1Password 6 has come, we also feel these same pain points and are working hard to fill these gaps. :)

• Phoeneix
    Phoeneix
    Community Member

@brenty - Thanks for the detailed response! I hear you on the annoying part, which is why I thought maybe an option (perhaps defaulted to off). But, hey, Edge support would be awesome, so I'm hoping the API changes in Creator's Update give you guys what you need to do that! =)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Phoeneix: You're welcome! We still have a lot of work to do, but it's looking very promising. On the plus side, most people won't have the Creators Update for a while yet anyway, so it let's us feel more comfortable taking the time we need to get it right. Thanks so much for the encouragement! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.