Can I search by tag in 1password6 ? [Yes, type the name of the tag or click on tag on the sidebar]

Options
wombat
wombat
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I have spent a while looking and have not yet managed to search for a particular tag in my vault. In 1password4 I just search for tag:whatever but how do I do it in 1password6 ? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wombat,

Thanks for writing in.

Just type the name of the tag in the search field and it will return everything that matches that search, including tags.

If you want to narrow it further, click on the tag in the sidebar, which will return an item list with that tag and then search, it will filter the list on the fly.

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @MikeT

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. We might also consider adding tags: as well to the search field, so you can do more advanced filtering like tag:work type:login bank

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT, please add my wish for "tag:work type:login bank" :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! We definitely want to make search more powerful. :)

• GaryCapps
    GaryCapps
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please clarify how searching by tags works?
    As you can see here I have a tag "photoshop" for an online graphics program, so this is the easiest thing to remember it by.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/E9eXBPDcZC

When I search by that tag it does not bring up the login for that program?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/bQaiOybB0k

Same thing in the browser extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GaryCapps: This discussion is in the Windows category of the forums, referring to recent releases there. 1Password for Mac does not support :-separated search arguments, though we may add that in the future. If you click "Expand search to all fields" as shown in your screenshot that will search things other than major fields like title, username, etc. Or you can click the "magnifying glass" icon next to search to select "Search All Fields" as the default. Cheers! :)

• GaryCapps
    GaryCapps
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, that did the trick, Thx :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.