To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I find it impossible to import my data from my iOS device to the subscription model - please help!

Options

I have a Primary Vault on my iOS devices, using the one time purchase 1Password. I purchased the subscription model through the App Store, installed on my Mac, with one vault, named Personal. I've gone through virtually every suggestion on the forums to import my data from my iOS devices to my subscription model 1Password on my Mac. I use iCloud to sync my iOS devices. In addition, I've tried to export from my iPhone, using the iTunes method described, but can't get a readable file - file extension is .cpgz. Any thoughts or references to forum answers I haven't seen would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @thunderroad300 - Sorry to hear about the migration issues. I was able to locate your 1Password.com account. Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, there is additional 1Password data on your iPhone that you want to migrate over to your Personal vault? I noticed you were able to migrate some data over to the new account so I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

If so, have you tried selecting all the items within your Primary vault on your iPhone following this guide -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps/?ios

Keep me posted if the guide helped or if you have any additional questions. I'll be more than happy to assist you :-)

• thunderroad300
    thunderroad300
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Frank thanks for responding. The data in the new account has not been migrated - it was newly added. As I visited sites on my Mac, I would save them to the new vault. I have never been successful in migrating any data.

I deleted the Personal Vault in an attempt to start over. Now, when I use the QR code to attempt to sync my iPhone with my Mac and the subscription account, I get the message that the user has already been added. So, I now have a subscription 1Password on my Mac, with no Vault, and what appears to be no capability to create a new Vault. I also haven't been able to create a backup of the data on my iPhone, just the unreadable file referenced above. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Hi thunderroad300 - Thank you for providing the additional details. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance, reply back to me then we can continue the discussion over there. Talk to you soon :-)

ref: IQX-87144-513

• ssurloff
    ssurloff
    Community Member
    Options

i have the same issue i think -- i signed up for subscription model yesterday and spent an hour trying to figure out how to import all of the data i have entered on my iphone/ipad-- i gave up after my nephew couldnt figure out either

the subscription is pointless for me otherwise

alternatively how can i dupe data from my ios devices to my wife's if i put the ios version on her phone -- i was never able to figure that out either

• Frank
    Options

Hi ssurloff - Thank you for reaching out to us over here. I'll be happy to help out. I just sent you over an email with instructions on how to migrate the data over from your devices. Let's continue the conversation via email so we don't share ant private information here. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. :+1:

ref: GXW-97711-649

This discussion has been closed.