Autosubmit not working with mymedicare.gov using 1Password with Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: Auto login not working any more on Medicare site.

Comments

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

I have a similar login issue... I am unable to log in to my "mymedicare.gov" account using Firefox (ver. 52.0.2) on my Macbook with OS 10.12.4. The 1Password auto login works on this site using Safari, but not Firefox -- even after deleting all Firefox cookies, cache files, history, etc. The source was the auto submit being set to "Always submit" the webform details on that site. While the auto-submit works on most sites and for "mymedicare.gov" in Safari, it does NOT work using Firefox on this site on my computer. In Firefox, the only way I can log in on mymedicare.gov is to submit the webform details manually.

If you are able to use auto-submit in Firefox for mymedicare.gov, I'd like to hear about it.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AMCarter3,

Unfortunately I'm not based in the U.S.A. so can't create a real mymediacare.gov login however I was able to create a Login item today using 1Password for Mac 6.6.4 and Firefox 52.0.2 that appeared to Autosubmit. After filling I was prompted to confirm that I was about to access a U.S. Government System ("You're accessing data on a U.S. Government Information System. . .").

Two questions:

• Are you seeing this prompt also in Firefox or does simply nothing happen even though Autosubmit is enabled?
    • Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac?

Suggestion:
    If you created the Login item using 1Password's Autosave feature the Login item contain some extra information about the page at the time it was created. If the website maintainer change the page later on then it can sometimes cause the Login item to no longer fill. Hopefully we can improve 1Password in the future to prevent this from happening but for now the recommended approach is to recreate the Login item if this occurs.

To try things, I would recommend trying to save a new Login item for this website using the instructions linked below and trying to fill with the new Login item. Hopefully the new item will work better.

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member

Yes, I see the popup message. To log in on this site, you must fill in the Username and Password spaces and then click on the OK button in the popup window. That is what triggers the submission of the webform data. Doing a new manual login does not circumvent this step.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AMCarter3: Ah, thanks for clarifying. If the site is setup now to require you to do this, there won't be a way for 1Password to "circumvent" that. Do you mean it isn't possible to press Enter/Return to submit the form either?

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @AMCarter3,

Hmmm, you mentioned that in Safari this didn't happen for you so it sounds like you don't see the "U.S. Government..." prompt in Safari but do in Firefox? In my testing, I also got this popup in both Safari and Firefox which I needed to click on "OK" before it would proceed. Check out the screenshot Safari below.

Matthew

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member

Right. I've learned from a series of trial & error attempts plus a long phone call to their tech support that 1P can be used to insert the Username and Password on "mymedicare.gov". But the "Sign In" button must be clicked MANUALLY and that triggers the legal disclosure text popup window with its own "OK" button... which also must be clicked manually. At that point, you get logged in and your account page shows up.

If 1P's auto submit is turned ON for this site, the resulting action automatically takes you to a different website <www.medicare.gov>, and 1P is unable to log in on that site too.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member

Good question, Matthew! The behavior is different on Safari vs. Firefox. I just tested Safari twice more. On Safari, after 1P inserts the Username and Password and auto-submit triggers the "Sign In" button, the disclosure text popup shows up (same as in Firefox but automatically in Safari). You must manually click on the "OK" button... then your account page shows up.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @AMCarter3,

I have my suspicions but for the moment it will likely mean keeping autosubmit disabled for this Login item if Firefox is your preferred browser. Do you happen to keep Chrome around at all? I wonder if you find its behaviour is in line with Safari rather than Firefox which would support my hunch.

ref: OPX-1341

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member

I have Chrome, but refuse to use it. I simply do not trust Google with regard to their data mining efforts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Alrighty then. You could also try Vivaldi. :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member

It's fast, but not well enough developed for managing lots of bookmarks. I still prefer Firefox.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @AMCarter3,

I apologise, my interest was just in a one-off test rather than any long term usage of a different browser. I was curious to see if the behaviour is isolated to just Firefox and if Safari and Chrome or a Chromium based browser (Vivaldi or Opera) both worked while Firefox didn't.

This discussion has been closed.