1Password extension won't fill in my identity (windows) [Solved]

Options
timl2k8
timl2k8
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

The extension fills in logins no problem, but refuses to fill in my identity. I've tried different websites, different browsers, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension, even installed the latest 1password beta. Problem won't go away.

AgileBits Update: A solution has been found for this problem. Please click the Proven Solution badge to view it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @timl2k8,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the trouble of trying to fill Identities. I'd like to understand more:

• Which version of 1Password are you using?
    • Have you created a new Identity item in 1Password or are you using one in the Starter Kit?
    • Which websites have you tried filling your Identity item in - it would be great if you could provide the website URL for the one you tried.

That way I can try it out myself and see if I can reproduce the problem or find a way to help it work for you.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• timl2k8
    timl2k8
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Which version of 1Password are you using?

1Password 6.6.405d (but when I first noticed the problem I was using the latest stable version (non-beta)

Have you created a new Identity item in 1Password or are you using one in the Starter Kit?

Neither. I'm using the one I had from before I upgraded to a subscription.

Which websites have you tried filling your Identity item in - it would be great if you could provide the website URL for the one you tried.

It's definitely not website related, but it was cvs.com's signup page.
    However I tried filling in my identity on my Mac and it works just fine.
    Also I created a new identity call "test" and that worked as well. I made a copy of the identity that is not filling in and it also won't fill in, should I just create a new one from scratch?

EDIT: Yeah, creating a new identity from scratch worked. I'll just use that.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hey @timl2k8,

Proven Solution

I was just about to suggest creating a new Identity item from scratch - glad to hear it worked. Sorry about the inconvenience of this happening after the upgrade process.

Matthew

This discussion has been closed.