Automatic filling becomes disabled (after reboot?)

frofa
frofa
Community Member

I always have to re-enable automatic filling, because i regularly self-disables. I am on MIUI8, Android 6.01 (global developer, most recent version) on a Redmi Note 3 SD. My feeling is that it happens after rebooting the phone.
Is there anything to keep automatic filling active over reboots, or automatically re-enable it?

Comments

• Hey @frofa. Thanks for contacting us about this today. Let's see what's going on here. :)

Automatic filling shouldn't be resetting after rebooting. By chance is your device rooted, are you using a custom ROM, or are you using any apps that draw an screen filtering apps like Twilight, Lux, or Night Mode?

• frofa
    frofa
    Community Member

yes, my phone is rooted.

• frofa
    frofa
    Community Member

I think I have found a kind of solution. In MIUI, there are "developer options", one of which is "MIUI optimizations". These optimizations create a number of problems in several apps - I didn't expect 1Password to be one of them, but apparently it is because when I switch off the "optimizations" the automatic filling remains activated over reboots. That isn't a perfect solution, but at least it is a functional workaround for the time being (i.e. until fixed by 1Password itself).

• Thanks for the update, @frofa. I should have though to ask about developer options or optimization software. Accessibility services tend to be resource intensive, so it makes sense that something like that would disable 1Password's accessibility service.

We're looking into other filling implementations which should hopefully help us to not have to rely so heavily on the accessibility service in the future.

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.