Is there a way to change which side menus/submenus open?

I know this might sound weird, but I'd really prefer it if menus open to the left of the browser extension dropdown. Is there any way to make this happen? It seems like there's some kind of heuristic for making it happen, because I've seen the menus on the left, but I have no idea how to make it the default.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @surfmonkey89,

No problem at all - if I'm understanding you correctly, this is what you would like (see screenshot below):

If this is right and you're using Safari then you can do this by moving the 1Password browser button to the left. The steps are:

1. In Safari, from the menubar click View > "Customize Toolbar..."
    2. Drag the 1Password button to the left of the Safari Toolbar.
    3. Click Done.

Let me know know if that helps and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

I'm actually talking about the "Test - Country" submenu. On my iMac, the menu opens up on the right, but on my Air, it opens up on the left. I assume it's because I have extra room on the iMac, but I didn't know for sure so I thought I'd ask.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @surfmonkey89,

Assuming there is room on the screen to do so the menus will all appear on the right. I don't think we have any code involved in any of this, we're just relying on the natural MacOS behaviour. The 1Password mini menu can be dragged and should remember its location so if the entire menu is dragged to the right of the screen the menus will open on the left hand side. The drag area for the 1Password mini menu is the small bar above the text in the search field. Is this what you were hoping for?

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

OK, that's fine. I figured you were relying on MacOS behavior. I'll try putting the menu all the way over to the right on my Safari toolbar to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help!

paul

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:smile: Let us know if we can be of any further use.

This discussion has been closed.