Possible to find previously generated passwords in iOS version?

Options
iceninety
iceninety
Community Member
edited April 2017 in iOS

I am having difficulty accessing an email account of mine. I'm wondering if I had the intention of changing my password, generated a new one, but didn't update my email server (gmail)? Seems unlikely, but it would be nice to check the previous pass to find out if this is causing the problem.

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.5.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @iceninety,

There are a couple of places you may be able to see this information:

1. Under Categories > Passwords
    2. On the login item in question under the Previously Used Passwords field (toward the bottom of the item view)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• iceninety
    iceninety
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks for your help Ben. I hadn't created a Passwords category, and the Previously Used Passwords field under the login item is blank. Do you think this means that I didn't have a password generated before the current one? Would this information be anywhere else?

• Ben
    Options

@iceninety,

Do you think this means that I didn't have a password generated before the current one?

The password generator automatically creates an item in the Passwords category for you. You don't have to manually create them. If there is nothing there, or on the item history, I suspect your assumption is correct.

Ben

• iceninety
    iceninety
    Community Member
    Options

The Passwords category is completely blank. I had an issue 2 years ago with version 5 where I had to rebuild my entries from scratch, and support wasn't able to get to the bottom of why this happened -- could these be related, and would AB have any records of previous entries?

• Ben
    Options

I had an issue 2 years ago with version 5 where I had to rebuild my entries from scratch, and support wasn't able to get to the bottom of why this happened -- could these be related

Probably not. Whether a "Passwords" item is generated for a generated password depends on your usage of the password generator. It may be / likely is totally normal that this category is empty.

and would AB have any records of previous entries?

We don't have records of any of your 1Password data. You're using 1Password "standalone" (sans-1Password.com account). We only store your encrypted data when you use a 1Password.com membership. As it stands your data is only stored on your own devices unless you sync with a 3rd party sync service (iCloud or Dropbox).

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.