I have read many of the posts and am still having trouble using the Synology NAS with 1Password 6.

Options
barry911
barry911
Community Member

I'm using Mac Pro, MacBook pro and iOS devices with Synology DSM 6.1. I am able to upload my vault to the NAS but then can't access login passwords with IOS or my laptop. Can you help? My computer "saviness" is limited.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: safari
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: ?NAS
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 with synology

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @barry911,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! In order to sync the Mac version of 1Password with a NAS, you would need to use the Folder sync option to sync your vault to a local folder on the Mac, and then use a sync utility / file copy tool (such as Chronosync, rsync, SuperDuper, etc) to copy the contents of the folder to/from the NAS. We have steps to set up Folder sync here: How to keep a copy of a local vault updated in a folder on your Mac

However, this won't work with the iOS version of 1Password because it doesn't have the Folder sync option (which is due to sandboxing restrictions on iOS). If you're looking for that option on iOS, that's why you aren't finding it.

Were you previously syncing 1Password between your Macs and your iOS device? If so, what sync method were you using, and is there a reason you wanted to switch to using your NAS instead?

If you're just getting started with 1Password (or even if you've been using it for years), the easiest way to sync your data between all devices is with a 1Password.com account. After switching to an account, you wouldn't need to configure any sync settings at all - your account data automatically syncs to each device where you've signed into your account in the 1Password app. We have more information about 1Password.com accounts here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Alternately, if you don't want to sign up for an account and are looking for sync option that works well between Mac and iOS, you can find information about the other sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have questions about that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.