To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from personal to primary vault - "copy and move" are grayed out?

philyu
philyu
Community Member

My OnePassword account subscription recently expired, and my account was frozen as a result. I'd like to move all my passwords from my frozen account's personal vault to my local primary vault (which I created via Preferences --> Advanced --> Local Vaults), but the "Copy" and "Move" buttons under Share --> Primary --> Copy/Move are both grayed out for me.

Screenshot attached for reference:

Any insight on why this is, and how I can get my primary vault up and running? Thanks for your prompt reply!

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @philyu - Sorry for the troubles and I appreciate the screenshot :+1: Can you give this a try again to see it works for you now -

Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Personal vault from the list > Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list > Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Primary > Move.

Do you have any feedback that I can pass along about your experience during your 30 day trial period? Let me know if the steps I listed above worked for you or if you have any additional questions :+1:

• philyu
    philyu
    Community Member

It worked! Thanks for the help. :)

I initially signed up for the account not really knowing the difference between having an account and having a license (I had already had a license for a couple years prior). I've found that, for my needs, the license is sufficient, which is why I did not decide to continue the trial. Thanks again!

• Hi @philyu - Fantastic news! I'm glad that worked for you :-) I also appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback with us. Thank you for giving the account a test drive and for taking the time to reply back :+1:

• zsukm007
    zsukm007
    Community Member

I am in a similar situation as philyu ... and want to move my items back from a Personal vault to a Primary vault? But I use Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not yet have the ability to write to local vaults, but you can always export the items you've modified and import them into 1Password 4. There may be other options as well, depending on your setup. I see that you've also emailed us separately and Megan has already replied, so we can continue the conversation there to avoid confusion. Cheers! :)

ref: BXW-67694-848

• jamiegirl
    jamiegirl
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

My 1Password.com trial recently expired, and my account is now frozen as well. I have a license for my 1Password app and I'd like to go back to using 1Password locally on my machine only. However, I'm unable to move or copy my passwords from my frozen account's personal vault to my local primary vault. @Frank, I followed the steps you outlined for philyu but it unfortunately did not work for me.

I'm using 1Password Version 6.6.4 (664002) downloaded from the Mac App Store on a MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.4 (16E195). Any help is much appreciated!

Screenshot attached for your reference:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@jamiegirl: Thanks for the illustration. If you tried Frank's suggestion above and you're still having trouble with this, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jamiegirl
    jamiegirl
    Community Member

@brenty: Unfortunately I'm having the same issue even after restart. I've followed your suggestion and generated a diagnostic report, then sent to support@agilebits.com (email addy that was autofilled by the diagnostic app) and support+forums@agilebits.com. I believe this is my support ID: #SBU-63496-614. Please lmk if I can provide any additional information, and thank you for your help!

• Thank you for sending over the report @jamiegirl :smile: I was able to locate the email. Let's continue the conversation via email and I look forward to getting you back up and running :+1:

ref: SBU-63496-614

This discussion has been closed.