How Many Backup files are created?

Options
adrianbelcher
adrianbelcher
Community Member

I'm seeing a lot of local vault backup files created - from Preferences->Backup, it says 30 daily backups and 24 monthly backups (so 54 in total), but if I look at the list of backups and the show files option I see around 110 backup files being created.

Taking a sample, the early ones are being pruned (first few months in 2015 look ok), but the later ones aren't.... - e.g.:

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adrianbelcher: What we don't want is 1Password deleting your backups prematurely. But so long as you have your data, you can decide which backups to keep and delete the rest. But they shouldn't take up very much space, so I'd encourage you to error on the side of caution. Better safe than sorry. Cheers! :)

• adrianbelcher
    adrianbelcher
    Community Member
    Options

Agree we want to be careful here - but is it then safe to manually delete the extra ones using the finder?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adrianbelcher: "Safe" is a relative term. For example, if you've already got these backed up to an external drive or offsite, you really don't need any of them. In that case deleting them won't do any harm. Having "too many" backups is always better than none at all though. ;)

This discussion has been closed.