1Password browser wouldn't open a PDF bank statement on iPad but in safari it would.

Homerj222
Homerj222
Community Member

The 1Password browser wouldn't open a PDF bank statement. Safari would. Is there a reason I can't do some things in the 1Password browser. I have the user agent set to safari iPad even though I'm not sure what that does. Thanks Frank

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Browser won't open some websites in 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2017

Hi @Homerj222,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We use Apple's WKWebView API for displaying web content in 1Browser. WKWebView tends to lag a little behind Safari in terms of functionality... possibly because Apple wants to encourage people to use Safari (just speculation). Fortunately 1Password integrates into Safari as well. You can learn more about that here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I have the user agent set to safari iPad even though I'm not sure what that does.

All that does is makes 1Browser lie to the website about who it is. When you request a web page it says "Hi, I'm Safari, please send me this page" instead of "Hi, I'm 1Browser, please send me this page." It doesn't actually change any functionality of the browser, but it may trick some sites into behaving more like you'd like them to.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.