I have a licensed copy of One Password on my MacBook Pro and wan tot install on iPad Pro?????

minke
minke
Community Member

I just updated my version of one password to 6.7 and I am on a MacBook Pro with an Operatng system of 10.12. Sierra. I want to put one password on my new iPad Pro. I downloaded the app but it asking for account information. How do I get the iPad version to open so I can Sync it with my Mac Computers?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a licensed copy of One Password on my MacBook Pro and now I want to install it on my iPad Pro. I downloaded the App from the App Store but How do I get into it

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @minke,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! You posted in our Mac forum, but since you're having trouble setting up the app on your iPad, I've moved your message to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

It sounds like you chose the option to sign into a 1Password.com account, which is why it's asking you for account information. We introduced 1Password.com accounts last year, and one advantage is that they make it really easy to sync your data between devices because there are no sync settings to configure - the information in your account would automatically sync through our servers. There are also many other benefits of a 1Password.com membership.

If you don’t have an account on 1Password.com, you just need to go back and choose a different option from the first setup screen. Do you currently use any of the sync options in 1Password on your Mac? If so, you'll need to choose the same option in 1Password on your iPad (Dropbox, iCloud, etc). If you don't currently sync your 1Password data at all, you can find information about the sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that or need more help. Cheers! :)

• minke
    minke
    Community Member

I found it by scrolling down. Thanks for your help

• On behalf of Drew you are most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• minke
    minke
    Community Member

Thanks for the information but I am still stuck. I do not have a one password account and I downloaded the one password app from the App Store and when I open it the options open are to go to an account or to one password .com. Sorry but I do not understand how to accesss the app on the iPad so I can sync it with my other mac.
    I do not totally understand the benefits of an account as I barely use icloud and I am just getting an understanding of what or how to store file away from my Mac or my external hard drive or the difference in using it like a time capsule backup. Maybe I'm wrong, not sure.

But I do not see how to get into the app without an account>

• @minke,

Scroll down when looking at the welcome screen in 1Password for iOS. :) You'll see options to sync with iCloud and Dropbox below the options you're referencing.

If you're interested in learning about the benefits of an account you can do so here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

With an account you would no longer sync your data via iCloud.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.