To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have license but account is in trial mode?

This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I delete vaults?.

Comments

• justinrr
    justinrr
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_kevin. It does appear that my license has been removed now that I've moved over to all account-based vaults. It says my account is in trial mode, and only way to address that is to pay with a CC. By there seems to be no way to re-apply the license I received from my IT department, which was loaded into my first instance of the 1Password client upon initial install. Is that because my account is a trial of an 'individual' plan that is not compatible with my IT department's license? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@justinrr: I’m sorry for the confusion! A license for the standalone 1Password app is not valid for a 1Password.com membership — and I'm not sure it would be appropriate to apply something the company paid for to your personal account anyway. The 1Password.com service includes a free 30 day trial for your account, so it isn't related to the license in any way. If you decide it isn't for you, you can stop using it an continue with only the standalone app. However, you may want to consider paying for a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• justinrr
    justinrr
    Community Member

Thanks, @brenty! That helps to clear things up. Looks like something I will need to sort out with my IT people.

• Hi @justinrr - On behalf of Brenty you're very welcome :smile: Keep us posted if we can help out with any further questions. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.