Feedback: Prevent searches from falling back to default index on app switching

bluebits
bluebits
Community Member

I'm searching through 250+ profiles sharing the same password, and every time I command + tab over to chrome to start the reset process and come back to 1password, the search results have fallen back to the default results, forcing me to resubmit my search.

Tiny thing. :)

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bluebits,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I'm not quite sure I understand the exact issue you're describing, so I'm hoping you can give us some more details. For example:

I'm searching through 250+ profiles sharing the same password...

Are you referring to profiles in Chrome (aka "People")? Or is this something you're doing in 1Password? What exactly is sharing the same password?

...every time I command + tab over to chrome to start the reset process and come back to 1password...

What "reset process" do you mean? It sounds like something you're doing in Chrome - is that related to 1Password, or is the point simply that you switch to Chrome and then switch back to 1Password?

...the search results have fallen back to the default results, forcing me to resubmit my search.

What exactly are the "default results"? Do you mean the 'Search' field is empty in 1Password? Or the same text remains in the 'Search' field but the items shown in the search results are different?

If you can describe exactly what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, that will help us understand the problem you're running into. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.