How can I stop my Mac asking if I want to save passwords ?

How can I stop my Mac from asking if I want to save my password? (when entering my password with 1password)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I stop my Mac asking if I want to save passwords ?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Pandatol,

If we're talking about the browser asking if you want to store passwords then our page Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser has steps for all the big browsers. For the sake of completeness, 1Password can also be told not to ask if you want to save new passwords and this option is in 1Password's preferences. The option is titled Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them and it can be found in the Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences. We also have a way of listing exceptions, domains to be ignored when asking should that be useful. The best way to populate this though is to wait for 1Password to ask if you want to save and to then click on the cog icon in the bottom left hand corner and select the single menu option titled Never Autosave for this Site.

If you were asking about something else, could you expand a little please and we'll do our best to answer :smile:

This discussion has been closed.