Qantas login details not correctly saved

The Qantas login has three login fields. I have tried manually creating a login manually, but it's not picking up the 'last name' field. Only the membership number (which is stored in the username field) and the PIN (stored in the password field) are being saved.

In the Web form details section, I've removed all the fields I'm not interested and left the ones I want, with the correct values, but that's still not working.

I've tried this with Safari and Chrome.

Regards,
Chris

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @christos09,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Delete the non-functional Login item so that 1Password does not believe it has a Login item for this site.
    2. Visit https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyns/LoginForm and log into your Qantas account on this dedicated page.

1Password should ask if you want to save a new Login item and this one should work a lot better when used on this dedicated page. While it is possible to construct a Login item that will work on the main page there is currently reproducible bad behaviour in terms of the login form closing after using 1Password to fill. The dedicated login page will avoid this as well as offering reliable filling of the surname field.

If you find this isn't the case at all please do let us know and hopefully the use of this page over the homepage isn't a disruption to your workflow.

• christos09
    christos09
    Community Member

Thanks that works. I'll just have to remember to use that login screen.

That bad behaviour you mentioned - is that poor code on Qantas' behalf or a bug with the 1Password plugin?

Regards,
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@christos09: I'd say a little bit of both. There are some pretty useful standards for login forms, and following those helps not only 1Password, but also folks using screen readers for accessibility. But at the same time, while 1Password is working as designed, there's always room for improvement. We'll see if there's anything we can do on our end to make things easier.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @christos09,

I don't know if I would want to use the words poor code but it's a side-effect of the approach we have to use to work properly on a number of sites. A number of sites like to make life awkward for automated filling and use false fields, sometimes layered on top of each other. Sites like this mean we need to query every field on a page to better understand how it is going to react. The side-effect is that on the Qantas homepage this results in the form closing, a reaction by the site to the belief that another field has been clicked on. The very tricky problem is getting such testing just right so that it gets us the information we need on the tougher sites whilst not interfering with others. There isn't a right or wrong here, it's about weighing up the importance of working on different sites and any impact it has elsewhere.

Thankfully there is this alternative page for Qantas which does allow sidestepping this issue. I hope remembering to use the dedicated login page isn't too much of a pain.

This discussion has been closed.