How to combine two personal accounts into a family?

wrinkledpants
wrinkledpants
Community Member

Both my wife and I had individual accounts by way of a paid app through the app store. I've upgraded to a family account, invited her with the same email her account is setup with, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Her devices show her with a trial account ending soon, but through the website, she's with the family account (but none of her passwords show up there).

I don't typically struggle with this stuff, but I've spent an obscene amount of time trying to understand how any of this works.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @wrinkledpants! Thanks for using 1Password over the years. Getting a family account set up is pretty simple for you guys thanks to the built-in migrator in the apps. You can each sign in to your new family accounts in the 1Password apps on your devices and migrate your data over to start using the account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

This will move things to your private vaults, then you can share them with each other if you'd like to. You can also manually migrate your data if you have multiple vaults or aren't prompted to migrate your data automatically. Let us know how that goes! :)

• wrinkledpants
    wrinkledpants
    Community Member

Hi, Jacob. Thank you for that. It didn't resolve the issue that my wife's account status on her devices is showing up as "Trial." Her account is setup under her email address, and I've invited that same email address from my admin console. She accepted the link that gets emailed to her, but it simply creates a whole new account with three generic passwords to get started. I have a shared vault with her email address in the console, but it doesn't show up on any of her devices.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get her two devices (MacBook and iPhone) to register that she's part of a family. I am beyond frustrated, and I've loved the 1Password product for years.

• @wrinkledpants Thanks for the update! It sounds like things might be set up a bit differently on her device than I assumed, so let's get some additional info. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from her MacBook to start?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wrinkledpants
    wrinkledpants
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Hi @Jacob,

The confirmation number is JHI-32816-996. I forgot to list the username or link to this thread.

Thanks.

• Thanks for sending that over! I'll get back to you in just a few minutes, and we can keep the conversation going via email for now :)

ref: JHI-32816-996

This discussion has been closed.