To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My Primary vault is on the iPhone only with more data, how do I combine with Personal vault?

Options
Walt_Viney
Walt_Viney
Community Member

My primary vault was on on iMac which is now in storage and was only synced with my iPhone. I am now using a MacBook Pro in which the account was out of date. I set up the Password Account on the MacBook Pro but the data is out of date in the Personal vault. I want to update the data from my iPhone which now has both the Primary (original up-to-date account) and the new out-of-date Personal vault. Is there a way to combine the accounts so the Personal vault will be up-to-date and all in one vault?

1Password Version: LATEST
Extension Version: LATEST
OS Version: LATEST
Sync Type: iCloud or WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:My Primary vault is on the iPhone only with more data, how do I transfer to Personal vault?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Walt_Viney: The Personal/Private vault is part of a 1Password.com account, and the Primary vault is stored locally on your device. If you have all of your current data in the Primary vault, it may be best to delete everything from the Personal/Private vault and copy everything over. That way you'll be able to access the data in your 1Password.com account on any of your devices just by signing in. You'll also want to get rid of the Primary vault after doing that, but be sure to verify that you have everything in 1Password.com first. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Walt_Viney
    Walt_Viney
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. This will solve my dilemma.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome! Please let me know how it turns out, and if there's anything else I can help with. :)

This discussion has been closed.