Have license but Mac App Store version is in read-only mode

Options
System
edited March 2017 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Mac App Store version is in read-only mode until launching main app.

Comments

• harryandrex
    harryandrex
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there I seem to seeing this too. I have a licence but I'm always prompted to pay £59.99?? It doesn't happen on any other macs that I own. Could you please help. The autofill is one of the best features whichI sadly can't use at the moment.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harryandrex,

I think the problem you're running into is different than the one in the previous discussion, so I've moved your post to a new thread. I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with 1Password!

Are you seeing a "read-only" message when you open 1Password mini / browser extension? If so, that means you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password. That version will be in read-only mode unless you previously purchased it from the Mac App Store, make a new in-app purchase for it, or sign into a 1Password.com account.

Did you purchase your license from our AgileBits Store? A license from our own web store won't work with the Mac App Store version of 1Password, so you'll need to switch back to the AgileBits Store version. Just follow these steps:

1. Go to the Applications folder on your Mac and drag 1Password.app to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools).
    2. Download the AgileBits Store version from our download site.
    3. Open the downloaded .pkg file to start the installation and follow the steps.
    4. When you're done, find the new 1Password 6.app file in the Applications folder and double-click on it.

Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• harryandrex
    harryandrex
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much @Drew_AG that seems to have done the trick.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it, @harryandrex! Be sure to let us know if you need more help with 1Password - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.