1Password extension in Safari is unresponsive [resolved by installing version 4.6.5 of extension]

Options

Comments

• ppochobradsky
    ppochobradsky
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Did you guys resolved this issue? I have the same problem in Safari (10.1) and Sierra 10.12.4. Started a couple of weeks ago. No problems in Firefox or Chrome. Identical issue where 1P extension in Safari doesn't do anything when clicked and no website creds get filled in by 1Password. Same is happening on my other computer running the same OS and Safari versions. However, computer running a devebeta OS 10.12.5 has no problems.

Clicking on the website link Open and Fill drop down will work from 1Password mini in Finder, but only after I uncheck and check the 1Password extension in Safari preferences. Once I do that, the extension icon in Safari starts working, but only until I quit Safari or the computer goes to sleep.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi, @ppochobradsky,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. Several users have reported issues with version 4.6.4 of the extension, particularly with Safari. We've released a new version to address this. We're currently waiting for approval from Apple to get the update into the Safari Extensions Gallery for automatic updates, but you can install the new version manually by following these steps:

1. Open Safari and choose Safari > Preferences > Extensions from the menu bar.
    2. Delete any 1Password extensions in the list.
    3. Ensure the checkbox titled "Automatically updates extensions from the Safari Extension Gallery" is ticked.
    4. Quit Safari.
    5. Install version 4.6.5 of the extension from our website.

Please give that a try. If you have any issues after updating, please let us know and we'll dig in a little further.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• ppochobradsky
    ppochobradsky
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm—thanks, Matthew!

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great to hear @ppochobradsky :chuffed: :+1: