chrome extension for 1password: filling in login information stopped working on OS Sierra

Options

Since I updated 1Password, the Chrome Extension stopped working properly:
When I want to fill in my login information and click on the login data (f.e. discussions.agilebits.com) nothing happens. Same for the shortcut to automatically fill in the data.
When I click on the 1Password Icon it still opens, so I can still view the login data and copy and paste it into the forms, but this takes time and is kind of annoying.
How can I solve this?

Chrome 1Password Extension 4.6.3.90
1Password 6.6.4
Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (MacBook Pro)

Thanks in Advance.

FYI I already did this:

enable “Always keep 1Password mini running”.
enable “Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords” and “Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them”.
uninstall, reinstall browser plugin and restart
uninstall, reinstall 1password

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mirogoldberg,

If you click on the 1Password icon in the Mac menu bar do you see any text either in red or blue at the top of the menu and if you do what does it say?

• mirogoldberg
    mirogoldberg
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Yes, there is red text. It says, that the test account has expired (in my language). I think it's because I bought 1Password just for iPhone and Windows back then.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mirogoldberg,

We did recently make alterations so that 1Password was more consistent in its behaviour whether 1Password was in a trial expired, read-only or frozen account state. This was a deliberate change so based on your reply it would seem this is why you're finding 1Password no longer fills. So probably not what you wanted to hear but we do have the answer.

If you find 1Password on the Mac is something you've made use of and you normally use 1Password on a variety of devices then you may want to look into one of our 1Password accounts (1Password website). It is a subscription based service but it includes access to the full functionality of the 1Password on all supported platforms as part of that cost. I hope this helps but if you have any questions at all please do ask.

• mirogoldberg
    mirogoldberg
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you. I will buy the plan these days. If I still have issues concerning this topic, I will reply here.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mirogoldberg,

Please do :smile:

• mirogoldberg
    mirogoldberg
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables

Buying the Mac license solved the problem.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to here it mirogoldberg - thanks for supporting the development of 1Password :) :+1:

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• bekah_p
    bekah_p
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same issue, except that I bought a license and it still is not working. Have tried all steps listed above.

• bekah_p
    bekah_p
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same problem, except that I purchased the license weeks ago and the extension is still not working properly. It pops up but will not autofill. I've tried all of the steps above.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bekah_p,

Do happen to use Safari as your browser? If so then you may want to make sure you have updated to version 4.6.5 of the Safari extension.

If you're using another browser please let me know which one and if you see any error messages in the 1Password Mini when you click on the 1Password browser extension button.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• bekah_p
    bekah_p
    Community Member
    Options

No, I use Chrome. Also, this is happening on all computers I use. My home laptop, desktop, work laptop.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bekah_p,

Sorry about the trouble, there are a few things that could be going wrong here - hopefully we can pin down the issue.

If you click the 1Password browser extension button and are able to see the 1Password Mini appear then the connection between the 1Password extension and the app is OK. However if this is happening and you see a message in 1Password Mini saying something similar to "browser could not be verified" then please check out my guidance in another thread that will help with this.

However if when you click on the 1Password browser extension button in Chrome and 1Password Mini doesn't display please let me know what you see instead.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.