Chrome code signature cannot be verified. Why?

Options

I am currently unable to fill any forms using 1password in Chrome.

When trying to fill a password in Google Chrome (latest version 58.0.3029.96), I get a popup saying "Google Chrome is connected, but its code signature could not be verified...."

I am running OSX 10.9.5 on a late 2009 MacBook Pro
1Password is currently on v. 4.4.2 (442010)

The following has been attempted, with negative results:

• Restarting Chrome
  • Restarting the computer
  • Reinstalling the extension

My browser is located in the Applications folder.
I am unsure whether I can update to a newer version of 1password without conflicting with my operating system, since the latter is version 10.9.5.

What can I do to solve this issue?

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hey @HansCz,

You are correct unfortunately, the latest version of 1Password for Mac (version 6) requires Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) or later to run so upgrading 1Password isn't possible with your current Mac.

As of Chrome's latest release (v58, released yesterday), Chrome is using a new Identifier in its certificate. 1Password for Mac prior to version 6.7 didn’t know about this and so would fail the browser verification check which results in the “browser cannot be verified” symptom in 1Password Mini.

The only workaround I can offer is to disable the browser verification check in 1Password. This can be done if you open the main 1Password app and from the menubar click 1Password > Preferences > Advanced. There is a check-box with the text "Verify browser code signature". Unticking this box will remove that verification check and allow the connection through.

Important: It is recommended to keep this check ticked if you can do so to provide the most protection against malicious apps running on your computer.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• HansCz
    HansCz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice :)
    With it, I consider the issue closed.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great glad that helps @HansCz,

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help. :+1:

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.