Extension didn't automatically update to 4.6.5

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari extension stopped working and won't install.

Comments

• zam36
    zam36
    Community Member
    Options

There is an issue with "Automatically update extensions from the Safari Extensions Gallery" functionality. The main app was updated to 6.7 on 4/30/17. The extension was working perfectly until after a reboot last night. Extension was at version 4.6.4. In gallery page, extension listed as installed. Had to uninstall and re-install extension to bring the extension version to 4.6.5 which works with the main app version 6.7.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zam36,

This sounds like a different problem than the one in the previous discussion, so I've moved your message to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

I've also noticed that Safari doesn't always seem to update the Safari Extension Gallery version of the 1Password extension when it should, even though the option to automatically update them is enabled. It's possible I'm not giving it enough time, but I end up quitting and re-launching Safari, and then the extension is updated. So it's possible restarting Safari would have worked for you too.

Unfortunately though, we don't have any control over Safari's feature to automatically update extensions. So if it continues to be a problem even after restarting Safari, you might want to contact Apple to see if they can help.

Anyway, I'm glad 4.6.5 is installed and working now. If you have more questions or need help with 1Password, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.