Updated to v. 6.7.1. Safari extension not working. Directions followed. Screenshots available

Options

The browser extension acts dead - totally unresponsive. Here are 3 screen shots:

What next?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: OS10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Updated to v. 6.7.1. Safari extension not working. Directions followed. Screenshots available

Comments

• jjohannajj
    jjohannajj
    Community Member
    Options

I can uninstall the Extension and try to re-install a 2nd extension. Is that the next step? If not, what?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjohannajj,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password browser extension! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum.

Thank you very much for your screenshots, they're very helpful! It looks like you have version 4.6.4 of the extension installed in Safari, and to make a long story short, there was a problem which caused that to not work in some cases. Fortunately, the 4.6.5 update should take care of that. You don't necessarily need to uninstall the current extension - instead, you should be able to update the existing one.

In your first screenshot, there's an extension update available, which is probably for the 1Password extension. Please go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions and click "Updates" near the bottom of that window. If it's an update for the 1Password extension, go ahead and install it. (To make updates easier in the future, you can enable the option at the bottom of that window which says "Automatically update extensions from the Safari Extension Gallery".)

Hopefully that solves the problem, but please let us know if you need more help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.