Two individual plans into one family plan

erikfisher
erikfisher
Community Member

Both me and my better half purchased one individual license (1 yr) each. We want to share passwords and see now that the family plan suits us better. How can we both move over to a family plan from our individual plans? Will we have to pay again?
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@erikfisher: It's a bit tough if you've both already paid and each of your current accounts are completely separate, but if you're willing to "take one for the team", you may be able to make it easier on your better half at least to some extent. Here's what I'd suggest:

1. One of you invite the other ("Invite People" option in your account menu on 1Password.com) to setup your new 1Password Family plan. Whomever does this will not have to move any of their data...but they'll also be responsible for paying the bill. I guess that balances out!
    2. This original account Organizer can also promote the other to Organizer, which will allow both of you to perform recovery for the other if you get locked out.
    3. The person who has been invited to the family account by the original Organizer will need to sign up for their new account and sign in to it in the app where they already have their data so they can copy it over from the old (individual) account.
    4. Once you've done this, shoot us an email from the registered address for each account (sorry, but we need to verify ownership in order to discuss account details) and post the Support ID(s) here so we can figure out what we can do as far as a credit.

Be sure to let me know if you have any questions at all (though if they involve account specifics, email will be best). I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.