Safari 1Password extension not working

Options

Hi

I have had the Safari extension for a long time now. But recently, it has stopped working. I have to jog it into action by disabling and re-eanabling in Safari preferences. It then works again for a while.

Any clues as to how I can get it working properly again?

Thanks

Andrew

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: latest, re-installed this month
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tonyt
    tonyt
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem - only recently!

• DuncanH
    DuncanH
    Community Member
    Options

Also having same problem, using Safari extension worked for years stopped today. clicking on the mini app in the top mac menu above the search box is the option to install extension, did that which downloaded the extension but when clicking on it says an error trying to install.
    Just tried the disabling and re-enabling as above (thanks Andrew) and now it is working and the option to install the extension has gone. If it stops working again will come back here and say so.
    First time ever had a problem, great app.

• carbonprop
    carbonprop
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I click on the 1Password toolbar icon in Safari and nothing happens. I have to open up the app and copy and paste items into Safari. The menu bar still works. I have Safari set to automatically update the 1Password extension...

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kiwilegal, @tonyt, @DuncanH, @carbonprop,

Sorry about the trouble with the extension, this was an issue introduced in version 4.6.4 of the Safari extension and we've just released a fix for it yesterday in version 4.6.5. We're currently waiting for approval from Apple to get the update into the Safari Extensions Gallery for automatic updates, but you can install the new version manually by following the steps under the heading "Updated May 02" in our announcement about this.

Please give that a try. If you have any issues after updating, please let us know and we'll dig in a little further.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• kiwilegal
    kiwilegal
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Thanks for the feedback. Echo comments that 1Password is great program.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you like it @kiwilegal, :chuffed:

Hopefully that solution got Safari back working for you. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• coolhandpete
    coolhandpete
    Community Member
    Options

I have 4.6.5 installed in Safari and the problem has persisted. I have uninstalled it several times and restarted, rebooted, etc. but no luck as yet. As with others, the menu bar still works but I need to copy/paste from there into Safari, and the browser is not recognizing new logins, etc. (such as this AgileBits account.)

Thanks for any help.

• coolhandpete
    coolhandpete
    Community Member
    Options

I finally downgraded to 4.6.2 from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4 and am up and running again. I had to quit and reboot Safari for it to "take." I hope this helps others.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @coolhandpete,

Hmm, sorry the update didn't work. This is the first report that updating didn't work that I know of. Could I ask which version of 1Password for Mac you're using?

You can check what version of 1Password you're running by following this guide:

https://support.1password.com/cs/version/

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• coolhandpete
    coolhandpete
    Community Member
    Options

Good day Matthew, I'm running 6.7 (670008).

• janol
    janol
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi I am having the same problem with the Safari extension. Stopped working yesterday. This is what I get when I try to innstall the extension:

This problem has being on and off for awile.
    Kind regards.
    Jan

• janol
    janol
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again. I am using: 1Password 6
    Version 6.8.BETA-2 (680002)
    AgileBits Beta
    Kind regards.
    Jan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@janol: Do you see a 1Password extension already installed in Safari (Preferences > Extensions)? If so, remove it. If not, Safari's extension database may simply be damaged. Let me know what you find!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@coolhandpete: I'm sorry you're still having trouble! The best thing to do will be to restart your Mac (I know, you did this already, but we will need clean logs), reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• janol
    janol
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty. The 1Pass extension is installed in Safari on both my Imac and macbook. It is working fine on my macbook, but not on my Imac.
    1Password on Macbook : 1Password 6
    Version 6.7.1 (671001)
    AgileBits Store
    Kind regards. Jan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@janol: Thanks for letting me know! If you remove the 1Password extension from Safari on your iMac, are you able to install the latest version then? Sometimes Safari won't remove the old extension automatically to install the new one, so that can help. Not quite sure why. And in some instances, it's necessary to remove it manually, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

• janol
    janol
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning Brenty. This morning when I signed in on my Imac, the extension worked fine. I hope that it stays that way.
    Thank you so much for your help....You guys are great!!!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @janol! Sorry for the turbulence along the way!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.