To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

If I lose my device(s), can I gain access to my 1Password vault from another device?

Options
jd007
jd007
Community Member

Hi, if I am travelling overseas and lose my phone, which currently has 1Password on it, can I access my vault from another computer or device? I have 1P standalone, not teams or families.

I suppose if I borrow the phone of a friend who is with me, and they were not a 1P user, we could download the app and I could log in there. If they were already a 1P user then that's a problem.. unless I log them out, then log me in?

And there is no way to access from a 3rd party computer, is there?

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:If I lose my device(s), can I gain access to my 1Password vault from another device?

Comments

• Frank
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @jd007 - Great question and thank you for writing in to ask :wink: Web access is only available if you signed up for a 1Password Membership since we host the data on our end. In addition to web access, all the apps are included even future paid upgrades and we take care of all the syncing and backups on our end.

If you borrowed a friend's phone, you could use 1Password as long as you're syncing via Dropbox and you will have to sign into your Dropbox account on their phone or device. If you have iCloud enabled as a sync method, this will not work since you will have to also sign into your iCloud account on your friend's phone which could get a little messy.

Have you considered signing up for a 1Password membership? We're running a promotion right now so it's a great time to give it a try :+1: Then you will have access to your data via the web and it's more secure with a 1Password membership :smile: I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. We're here and happy to assist.

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info and suggestions @Frank :)

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Frank, you're welcome :) We're here if you have some other questions!

This discussion has been closed.