Question about syncing a Family Account?

jbiedlin
jbiedlin
Community Member

Hey Guys! I recently signed up for the 6-month trial of a Family Account and set everything up on-line. Thanks so much for offering the trial. I am enjoying the opportunity to check it out. After setting up the Family account on-line, I also entered my new account information into my 1P application for my Mac and my two iPhones. Now, here's the issue"

The question I have is that prior to setting up the Family account, my "primary" vault was synced with dropbox. When I set up the family account, it uploaded the entries in my primary vault to the Family account and placed the entries a new "Personal" vault online. I have noticed that when I make changes to one of my logins on my Mac or iPhone, the changes are saved to my "primary" vault (dropbox), but not my "personal" vault online. What I am wanting is for the primary and personal vaults to sync - is this possible? This is frustrating because I am unable to tell which entry is being updated due to the two different vaults. I have found that sometimes I have two different passwords stored, one in the primary vault and a second in the personal vault.

Also, when I open the 1P application, I now have two entries for every login - one for the Primary vault and a second for the Personal vault associated with my Family account. What I am wanting is for my "Primary" vault to sync with with my on-line account. Ideally, I would also like to see only one vault in my 1P app instead of two entries for everything. Any tips or suggestions for what to do here?

Thanks,
Joe

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox/Family Account
Referrer: forum-search:account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jbiedlin: Glad to hear you're enjoying your 1Password.com trial, even if there's a bit of confusion here! Indeed, the Primary vault is stored locally on your device and not in any way associated with your 1Password.com account. The best thing to do would be to sign in to your 1Password.com account on each device, move your data there from your Primary vault, and then remove the Primary vault. In 1Password for Mac, you can disable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced; in 1Password for iOS, you'll need to remove the app and reinstall it to set it up with only your 1Password.com account. That way you'll have the same vaults/data on all of your devices. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.