My app has 17 categories. My wife's has only 4. Why?

Options
keithdee
keithdee
Community Member

I have persuaded my wife to use 1Password but when she downloaded the app it gives only 4 categories to choose from she particularly wants the password and bank account categories which are not there. How can she obtain them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:My app has 17 categories. My wife's has only 4. Why?

Comments

• lobianco
    lobianco
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @keithdee! Thanks for the question.

Take a look at my answer to a similar question posted here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/370016/#Comment_370016

By default the 1Password app shows categories based on the items that you have in your vault. So for your own personal vault, you have 17 categories listed because you have 17 different types of items. Your wife's vault will only have four categories to begin with because it's a new vault. Add some more items and you'll see the list grow :smile:

Let me know if that clears things up. Happy Monday!

• keithdee
    keithdee
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate that only the categories that I have in my vault will appear at the left of the screen but, forgive me if I'm being stupid, but when I tap the + icon only 4 categories appear so how can I enter a different category? On my own iPad I have 8 categories in use but still 17 appear as the choices!

• lobianco
    lobianco
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ahh I see. Sorry, a little confusion on my part.

Is your wife signed up with either a standalone license or 1Password.com account, or is she using the free version? The free version will have a limited number of categories to choose from by default. She can either 1) sign up for an individual/family account at https://1password.com, or 2) unlock the Pro features with a one-time in-app purchase, and then she'll have access to all the categories that you're familiar with.

Let me know if that clears things up!

This discussion has been closed.