Browser could not be verified after installing Disney Circle

Options

1Password isn't working like it used to. I recently installed Disney Circle (https://meetcircle.com/) and now I can't fill in passwords in Chrome.

I suspect it's Circle but I'm not sure. Can you please help?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browser could not be verified

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dylanhigg,

Thank you for supplying the URL as I'd never heard of Disney Circle before. It seems to be all hardware based with the software being for configuration only, is that correct based on your installation experience? If it's hardware based and you didn't need to alter anything on the Mac beyond telling it to connect to a different Wi-Fi network then my initial thought would be it isn't Disney. The easiest way to confirm this would be to try a couple of tests.

1. Was setting up the Mac as simple as connecting to a new Wi-Fi network?
    2. I see mention of unmanaged devices, ones that get to bypass the filtering performed by Disney Circle. If you set this Mac to be an unmanaged device and then restart the Mac does 1Password complain about being unable to verify the browser code signature of Chrome?
    3. If you connect the Mac back to your original Wi-Fi network and restart the Mac does 1Password complain about being unable to verify the browser code signature of Chrome?

We may next ask for a diagnostic report as well depending on these responses but if we do we'll supply steps on how to do so. Let's start with the answers to these and see if they shed any light on what might be happening.

• dylanhigg
    dylanhigg
    Community Member
    Options

I only had to connect to a different wifi network on my phone while I set it up. After setup, I use my regular wifi network for all my devices.

I set my Mac to unmanaged, restarted my computer and 1Password worked as expected.

Next, I set my Mac back to managed and restarted. 1Password still works as expected!

I think it's fixed but I'll let you know if I need more help.

Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's interesting that it worked after putting the Mac back into a managed state. Whatever the case, it sounds like things are working for you now. If you have any other trouble, you know where to find us. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• dylanhigg
    dylanhigg
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

This is happening again. Everything was working fine until today. I tried setting my Mac to unmanaged and restarting but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dylanhigg: This is still very new to us, but if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs to get some insight into what it's doing. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@dylanhigg: After doing some rudimentary research into just what this is, I suspect they may be seeing 1Password communications and, not knowing what it is necessarily, filter/block it since it isn't something known/allowed/expected. Just a hunch though, so this may all be a coincidence. Diagnostics should give us better insight. :)

• dylanhigg
    dylanhigg
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the report but I don't know what my support ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dylanhigg: You'll have received the Support ID from the BitBot autoresponder, but it's possible that it's stuck in your spam filter or something. I've found your email, so we're good there and we'll see if we can learn something from the diagnostics. But it's worth looking into so you don't miss further emails from us. :)

ref: BUA-13896-748

This discussion has been closed.