How do I delete one item from my trash

Options
kattnip
kattnip
Community Member

I have a lot of logins in my trash and I want to clear them out but I don't want to clear out ALL the logins. Can they be done on a one by one basis?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kattnip,

Thanks for your question! Items in the Trash in 1Password cannot be deleted individually. I don't believe our developers currently have plans to add an option like that, but it might be something to consider for a future version.

For now, if you don't want to delete all the items in the Trash, you can restore the ones you don't want to delete before emptying it. To restore an individual item, select it in the Trash and click the Restore button at the bottom of the item details. To restore multiple items at the same time, select those items in the Trash and go to Item > Restore from Trash in the menu bar.

If you regularly like to move items to the Trash but aren't sure you really want to delete them yet, you might want to create another vault where you can move items if you think you no longer need them (basically an "Archive" or "Almost Trash" vault). Once enough time has passed and you're certain you don't need them anymore, you can move them to the Trash of that vault (and empty the Trash).

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.