Ignore domains from the pop-up

Options

I know there is a way to ignore domains by going to the main 1Password window and adding it to "Autosave" exceptions list. That involves copying the URL, opening 1Password, authenticating, going to Settings > Browsers, and then pasting that URL. Is there not a way to do this from the pop-up? Say "Ignore this domain from now on"? It's been a few months since I had the 1Password 4 Browser Extensions, but I thought they had a feature like that? I am currently using 1Password 6.

1Password Version: 6.6.407
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: Any
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jusder,

Indeed, you can definitely do this when 1Password prompts you to save a new Login for a site! In that window, you can click the 'gear' icon in the lower-left corner and choose "Never Autosave for this Site”. (You will then see the domain listed in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.)

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please let us know! :)

• jusder
    jusder
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, Drew! But am I missing the gear icon? It's in the pop-up window, or in the browser extension? I'm not seeing it :( If I go to the browser extension, the gear doesn't provide that option.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @jusder,

Apologies for the confusion. Drew missed that the version number you posted indicated 1Password 6 for Windows and his steps are for 1Password for Mac. I've been quite guilty of the same mistake in the past as primarily we receive queries relating to the Mac.

For the moment 1Password 6 for Windows is lagging a bit here in comparison to 1Password for Mac. I have no doubt it will catch up up though as they've been making fantastic progress. The reason for differences like this is that the code behind 1Password 6 for Windows is all new and about a year old now while 1Password for Mac has had a number of years to reach this level of maturity and feature list.

So sadly for the moment adding exceptions is the manual affair that you noted but I'm sure that as soon as the Windows team can find the time it will be addressed. I apologise that I can't offer any kind of ETA, all I can recommend is to keep 1Password up to date so that you're always benefiting from any work the team has released.

ref: OPW6-669

This discussion has been closed.