1Password Apple ID log in not working for Apple TV

Options
mahogany_hues
mahogany_hues
Community Member

I recently generated a new password via 1Password for my Apple ID. I can successfully log in to the Apple site and iTunes using this log in but no matter how many times I try to log in on Apple TV, I keep getting the message that either the username or password is incorrect, I know they are not.
I have tried manually typing in the password as well as using the remote app to copy paste the password, no luck. I'm worried with these issues. What then is the benefit if these are the type if issues faced, especially for a paid app and will affect other apps like Netflix? YouTube?

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.2.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Apple TV

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mahogany_hues,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

This sounds more like a problem with the Apple TV being unable to accept your (correct) password, than an issue with 1Password. For what it is worth, I use my 1Password generated Apple ID password on my Apple TV just fine.

I wonder if perhaps the Apple TV is having an issue with a special character. Do you have any characters in your Apple ID password that do not appear on this keyboard?

If so, that may be the problem. Please try generating a new password that only contains those characters.

If that is not the issue, I wonder if perhaps the Apple TV OS is not up to date?

Update the software on your Apple TV - Apple Support

And the last thought I have for the moment is to ask if you're using Apple's Two Factor Authentication or Two Step Verification? That may be causing a problem with the Apple TV. It shouldn't, but it may.

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

(these are similar sounding but different and mutually exclusive technologies, two-step verification being the older one)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.