Getting notifications for a topic I have no longer bookmarked

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

I'm still receiving updates for the topic "https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/2846/new-product-request-1password-for-linux" which I once had bookmarked, but no longer have. Is there any way to disable those notifications?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Manaburner,

Whether or not you get forum notifications depends on how you've configured Notification Preferences, like I described a bit about over here. The Vanilla forum software doesn't provide an option to disable notifications for specific discussions.

The reason you're still receiving notification for the specific discussion you mentioned is because:

1. You posted this comment in it.
    2. You have (at least) the Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in notification preference enabled, which will override Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

You could disable the former (at least) and enable the latter, so that bookmarks can determine whether or not you'll get notifications. I know it gets inconvenient remembering to use bookmarks and wish there was an explicit "disable notifications for this discussion" option.

I hope that helps even if it's not optimal.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk thank you :) I have unchecked the "...I've participated" preference. Let's see how it goes.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I sure hope that stops pestering you with notifications for discussions you're no longer interested in seeing. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.