I want 1Password Mini to work like the version on macOS (menus slide to the side)

Options
fcar
fcar
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I use your app on macOS too. When I put my mouse over a login for example, it will pop a new window on the side showing the details, and there is an anchor button if I want to keep the window open.

That's great. I want the same system on Windows. Including the password generator which is directly in the 1Password mini and does not open a brand new window in the middle of the screen.

Why is this behaviour from macOS which is optimal, not being implemented on Windows? Is it a technical issue with Windows such as lack of APIs? Or is it possible but not yet implemented? Is it on the roadmap? I hate to use your app on Windows because it's not as smooth as it is on OS X, for example there is no way to anchor a login, so I have to search, then right-click, select copy username, then do the same again and select copy password, and filling credit cards is a nightmare as I have to keep doing this manual copy and paste for several fields.

Please seriously make it work like it does in macOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Creators Update
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fcar: We want it to be more consistent as well, and it's something we're working toward. It just isn't something we can do all at once. But as far as the specific style of menus, I'm not certain if that's possible. macOS has this functionality built in. So while I'm not certain we can (or should, for performance reasons) mimic the behaviour of the Mac app, we'll be making them more consistent over time, even if that means they both have to change a little to meet in the middle. First and foremost we need to build all of the functionality into the new app so we can all use it. And we'll continue to refine it over time to make the experience better. :)

This discussion has been closed.