Images show as attached but don't load, also new images show immediately as "(deleted)"

Options
troyunverdruss
troyunverdruss
Community Member

I have 2 separate problems, both of which are related specifically to attached images. On my iPhone I put my phone into airplane mode, then took a photo of something that I don't want synced to iCloud, then opened 1P and created a new entry for an ID card. I then attached the two files to my device. They both show as attached, downloaded, and can be viewed. There is no spinner activity in my status bar. However, when I open 1P on my Mac, I see that the files have been attached (with their names showing) but when I click on either, I get a blank page showing the 1Password logo and no image. Waiting doesn't do the trick either.

Related to this, I also followed the above procedure with another ID card and tried to attach the image to an existing entry. Each time I attach the picture on iOS it immediately shows up as "(deleted)" with the name of the image in gray below it. This image doesn't seem to load on iOS or on Mac. Note that the pic was most definitely NOT deleted, I even deleted the attachment and took a new photo and tried again.

What's up?!

1Password Version: v6.5.4 on iOS, v6.7 on Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1, Mac 10.12.4
Sync Type: Families account
Referrer: forum-search:images show as attached but don't load

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @troyunverdruss - It's great to hear from you and thank you for reaching out to us :wink:

On my iPhone I put my phone into airplane mode, then took a photo of something that I don't want synced to iCloud, then opened 1P and created a new entry for an ID card. I then attached the two files to my device. They both show as attached, downloaded, and can be viewed. There is no spinner activity in my status bar. However, when I open 1P on my Mac, I see that the files have been attached (with their names showing) but when I click on either, I get a blank page showing the 1Password logo and no image. Waiting doesn't do the trick either.

Can you try to upload the same two documents via 1Password on your iPhone but turn airplane mode off? After the files have uploaded, open & unlock 1Password on your Mac and let me know if you're able to view the documents.

Each time I attach the picture on iOS it immediately shows up as "(deleted)" with the name of the image in gray below it. This image doesn't seem to load on iOS or on Mac. Note that the pic was most definitely NOT deleted, I even deleted the attachment and took a new photo and tried again.

To get a better understanding of the issue, can you possibly attach a screenshot? Just make sure to mask any personal information before attaching this. Any additional steps you can provide will be greatly appreciated so I can try this on my end. I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get a better understanding so I can assist you more effectively. Keep us posted and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. :smile:

• troyunverdruss
    troyunverdruss
    Community Member
    Options

So the airplane mode thing is sort of key, otherwise the image will get uploaded to iCloud. I asked for the ability to add items directly to 1P without also adding to the camera roll (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74891/create-document-from-camera-on-ios#latest) but it doesn't seem to have moved there.

To be clear, the second set of images were also attached while in airplane mode (and those don't show as "(deleted)" but they also don't show up on my mac either...)

Screenshot of the pair that look to have uploaded, but aren't actually available:

The item view:

After clicking on "IMG_0810.JPG":

I just attached a 3rd image to that entry from iOS (with airplane mode off) and it looks like it synced (saw the spinner in the status bar) and then on my Mac I see the entry. Clicking it does not show the image either.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2017
    Options

@troyunverdruss

So just to clarify: It doesn't appear the issue is exclusive to AirPlane mode. Images you add even with AirPlane mode turned off do not function as expected, correct? It seems that may be a red herring then.

Could you please try adding a Document item from the 1Password.com web interface on your iOS device and see if that works as expected?

Thanks.

Ben

ref: OPI-3979

This discussion has been closed.