To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't sync my personal and primary account on my new android device

Options
helbedewe
helbedewe
Community Member

I had a free 1 password on my android phone. When I upgraded my phone to s8 and downloaded the 1 password app. I created a personal account . I noticed on my old phone my account says primary. On my new phone my account says personal. When I tried to sync my two accounts, my old phone got the new informations n from my new one, while the new phone did not update in data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I had 1 password on my android. I upgraded my phone I created an account but can't get my old info

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @helbedewe - Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll do my best to assist you today :smile: In order to regain access to your Primary vault on your new S8 (nice phone by the way), you will have to sign out of your new 1Password.com account then pick Dropbox from the welcome screen. You can't add the Primary vault after you already added the new account. Make sure you have access to your Emergency Kit and all your login details for the new account before trying this -

Open & unlock 1Password on your S8 > Settings > 1Password Accounts > Select your account then tap "Sign Out"

After the account has been removed, from the welcome screen, under "Already using 1Password" choose "Dropbox" then enter your Master Password. The data should then sync over to your new phone.

After the Dropbox vault has been added, you can then go to Settings > 1Password Accounts > Tap the "+" to add your new account back.

I hope this helped and I'm sorry for the troubles. Keep me posted if this worked or if you have any additional questions :smile:

• helbedewe
    helbedewe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank, thanks for your prompt reply. Yes that was helpful and I was able get my primary account info. Thanks .

• Frank
    Options

Fantastic news! You're very welcome @helbedewe :smile: I really wish there was a :high-five: emoji for situations like this... Enjoy using 1Password on your new S8 and I hope to chat with you again soon. Have a great rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.