Why doesn't my entire primary vault sync over to my personal account?

Options
jstndrzz
jstndrzz
Community Member

I just registered for a 1Password online account. I've been using a local Dropbox vault for many years now. When I first tried to migrate my primary vault to my new account, only about 28 files out of 400+ copied over. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to resync successfully.
I am trying to sync via iPhone7 native 1Password app.

1Password Version: I
Extension Version: 6.5.4
OS Version: iOS 10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jstndrzz: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible for the Primary vault to sync with your 1Password.com account. This is a local vault stored only on your device, whereas vaults in your 1Password.com account (such as Personal/Private) are hosted on the server. Can you tell me where you have all of your data currently (device, vault, OS, 1Password version, etc.)? It sounds like you may just need to copy everything over at once.

• jstndrzz
    jstndrzz
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I followed the instructions on how to migrate an account from a local fault over to my new online account. Only 30 out of 400 files copied over and now it seems I'm unable to repeat this process. All my data is currently stored on my Mac OS using Dropbox and the latest native 1Passoword application on Mac. How do I copy all over at one? Thanks.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jstndrzz - I'll be happy to help out. Let's give this a try -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Primary vault from the list. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list. Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Personal > Copy.

You can also follow along with this guide which will walk you through copying/moving items between vaults. Keep me posted if this helped or if you run into any questions along the way :+1:

This discussion has been closed.