Autofill of username/password doesn't work for Delta.com

Options

Chrome version is Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

When I try to autofill, chrome puts in the username, but not the password. I always have to manually copy/paste it.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6 (15G1217)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:delta

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnkpaul: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I'm not actually seeing a login form at delta.com though. Are you using this page instead, or something else?

https://www.delta.com/custlogin/loginPage.action

Not having a real account to test with and based on the "creative" form there, I'm not certain that Autosubmit will work (it didn't even respond to me pressing the Return key). However, I was able to save and fill all three fields using 1Password.

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if necessary

Let me know if that helps. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• johnkpaul
    johnkpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, so I've tried this and created a new login called "Delta2" and then closed and reopened my browser and I still cannot autofill.

Definitely fine that autosubmit doesn't work, but I'm trying to get autofill to work at the least. Even without the last name.

• johnkpaul
    johnkpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Oh! I see what you mean. I can do it from the "go & fill" thing, but not if I'm already on the site.

I am not used to that feature, never used it before. Is tehre a way to have it autofill when I'm already on the login page?

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @johnkpaul,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the issue with Delta.com. I have tried the website that Brenty mentioned with 1Password for Mac 6.7.1 and 1Password Chrome extension version 4.6.5.90. With these two I was able to get that website to fill. However I am not convinced I'm looking at the same website you are because you mentioned:

Definitely fine that autosubmit doesn't work, but I'm trying to get autofill to work at the least. Even without the last name.

In the web form I don't see any "last name" field. Are you using the same link Brenty mentioned?

https://www.delta.com/custlogin/loginPage.action

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

In the web form I don't see any "last name" field. Are you using the same link Brenty mentioned?

@matthew_ag: It appears that the "last name" field...er, appears once the username is filled. Given this behaviour, I was surprised that 1Password was able to fill here at all. :eh:

I am not used to that feature, never used it before. Is tehre a way to have it autofill when I'm already on the login page?

@johnkpaul: 1Password won't "autofill" in the sense of it doing this on its own without you telling it to, but if you press ⌘ \ it will try to fill a login matching the URL of the page you're on. :)

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah thank you @brenty,

When I tested it I entered a number into the top field which didn't cause the "last name" field to display hence my confusion. I entered a name into the top field and that allowed me to see the last name field. Then I created a Login item for this page. This was able to fill for me using the same software versions I mentioned previously. However I did notice that it failed intermittently due to a known issue with the extension's filling mechanism.

@johnkpaul, if you find this is still failing for you then after attempting to fill in the page open the Chrome JavaScript Console and check for the following error (see my screenshot below):

If you're seeing this error, then this is a known issue which will be fixed in an upcoming release. There isn't a robust workaround for this, apart from reloading the web page a number of times and re-trying. It would be important to wait for the spinner in the Chrome tab to stop spinning before attempting to fill also (see screenshot below).

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.