Mac feature request: allow me to edit a recently created login

Options

On some sites there is a multi screen user creation flow and 1password fails to keep track of an email that I entered on an earlier screen when I save my password (on the final, submission screen). It would be good if there were an easy way to take me to that new 1password entry so I could at least manually enter my password after the fact

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.12.4
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lowellk,

I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum. I hope you don't mind!

If a website asks for your username on one page, and then asks for your password on another page, those are different web forms on different pages. 1Password will prompt you to save a Login item when you enter your password on the second page, but the new Login item won't include the username because that was on a different page/web form. But for many sites like that, you can simply edit the Login item and add your username. Just find that Login item in the main 1Password app or 1Password mini, click the Edit button, and enter your username in the username field (remember to click Save when you're done).

If you're having trouble with that, this support article should help: Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Let us know how it goes and if you have more questions about that. Cheers! :)

• lowellk
    lowellk
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG yes, I do that already. But that is extra steps I'd rather have a shortcut for. Also, it can get a bit complicated if you already have other logins at the same site, you'd have to iterate through them to find the one you'd just created.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lowellk,

If you press the Option-Command-\ keyboard shortcut while you're still on the site page where the Login item was newly created, 1Password mini should open with (at least) that item displayed. Then you can press Command-E to edit the selected item.

Does that help, or am I misunderstanding what you're wanting to do? :)

• lowellk
    lowellk
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk that sounds interesting, I will try it next time and get back to you!

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully sjk's tip will help!

Matthew

• lowellk
    lowellk
    Community Member
    Options

It works!

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hurrah!

Thanks for letting us know @lowellk.

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.