Alphabetizing logins in the browser extension display

Skoop
Skoop
Community Member

1Password 6.5.401d
Firefox 53.0.2

To browse to a site with an associated login I click to open a blank, new tab. Then the browser extension icon to show the logins.

These, I find, are in a curious order. I have one login with the first character a numeral, and that is at the top, and then there are half a dozen "A" logins, although not in true alpha order--for example "Amazon" precedes "Agilebits". And then they just go off in an apparently random order. I can't discern a pattern. The list ends with "Lenovo".

If, however, I click on the "All items" icon, they are appropriately and accurately listed in alpha order.

But the "All" order is way longer and I don't want to scroll through everything. I want the choices displayed with the "Logins" icon to be in alpha order. What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Skoop: Can you tell me more details about what you're doing and seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just beside not to post any sensitive information, as this is a public forum. There are definitely some improvements we want to make to 1Password mini, especially in the browser. But generally speaking it depends on the context. For example, which URL are you at when you do this? 1Password should show you logins matching the current URL by default, but you can type to search, or press Ctrl Alt \ to bring up the menu ignoring the browser (which also works when you're not using the browser at all). Let me know what you find!

• Skoop
    Skoop
    Community Member

Let me try again. I guess I wasn't clear the first time. I'd have to redact too much with a screenshot so we'll both have to tough it out with text.

"For example, which URL are you at when you do this?"
    As I wrote, in a blank tab, where there IS no URL. It's essentially a search function, or you can manually enter an address, as the address field is empty. Have you ever seen a blank tab in Firefox?

"1Password should show you logins matching the current URL by default"
    Yes, and it does do that, when I open the function while I'm looking at the page of a website.

But, as I wrote, I use a blank tab because I don't want to see the login for the page I'm on. I want to go to a new site via my existing logins. So I expect to see my logins all lined up in a predictable order from which to choose.

"but you can type to search"
    Yes, I can. But that's clunky, and I don't want to take my hand off the mouse. I want to click the browser extension icon, and see my login icons. And I want to see them in alpha order. That's where this process fails and why I'm writing. The login icons under the conditions I've described are not alphabetized. They're in an order that I cannot discern.

Try for yourself and see if you can duplicate this.

Windows 10
    Firefox
    Blank tab
    Click browser extension keyhole icon
    Click logins icon

Are the logins in alpha order?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Skoop: Thanks for clarifying. When opening 1Password in the browser, it is meant to display matches for the current URL, not a list of all of your logins. But in your case the blank page (no URL) is triggering a bug. I can't say for certain when it will be released, but we're working on a fix for the next beta, along with a lot of other general improvements to 1Password mini for the next stable release. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.