Can't open 1Password on IP7

Options
Starflyer
Starflyer
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

Because of other issues, an Apple Genius recommended zeroing out my phone to "new status". She also recommended that I do NOT restore it for at least a week to see if the other issues disappear. So, I instead downloaded a new copy of 1Password from the App store, but I can't seem to open it. It is asking for passwords that I'm not sure of, "secret key" for one. I tried to select the iCloud option and it reported that I do have it backed up there. However, it then asks for my Master Password. I've tried the normal password that I always use for 1PW and that doesn't work. I've tried my iCloud PW and that doesn't work. Any ideas as to how I can restore 1PS to my iP7? It still works fine on my MacBook Air and iPad4. In the past I've used the WLan Server, but that doesn't work either.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3,1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Starflyer,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. How are your Mac and iPad currently set up to sync? You'd need to set up that same sync method on the iPhone. :)

We have a guide on syncing available here:

Sync your 1Password data

Thanks!

Ben

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

I swear I tried the WLAN server method and it didn't work. This morning I tried it again and it worked like MAGIC! Thank you Ben.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.