To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Amazon - 2-Step-Verification Code

Options
Glanni
Glanni
Community Member

Hi,

Could you please implement the 2-Step-Verification from Amazon? Like you do support it for google or facebook, I would like to see the code for 2-Step-Verification in 1Password for Amazon, too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Glanni,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password's TOTP generator can already generate TOTP codes for Amazon. :) You can scan the QR code on this page using 1Password to add Amazon's TOTP to 1Password:

https://www.amazon.com/a/settings/approval/appbackup?ref=ch_adsec_addExtraApp_attempt

Ben

• Glanni
    Glanni
    Community Member
    Options

oh great thank you so much!!

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Glanni, fantastic news! On behalf of Ben you're very welcome. I'm happy to hear that helped. Let us know if you have any further questions, we're always happy to assist. Enjoy the rest of your day :smile:

• philippeb
    philippeb
    Community Member
    Options

What happen to the OTP if I delete the 1Password app from my phone? Usually when you delete an app like google authenticator and reinstall it, you have to recover from manual codes and reconfigure your OTP because of lost sync between the app and Google. Will the 1Password app recover automatically if I reinstall and had it synced to dropbox for example?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@philippeb: The most important thing to keep in mind is that if you delete 1Password and its data, you'll lose everything. Best not to do that.

TOTP doesn't involve a sync with the website; rather, you and the website share a secret which both of you can use to generate the code for logging in. So long as you both have the same secret and both have the correct time (this is used along with the secret to calculate the codes), it will match.

So generally all you really need is to store this information in 1Password and make sure you don't lose your data. Once you restore everything on a new device, it can generate the same code it would have on the other ones. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.