To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Too many Duplicates, can it be cleaned up?

Options
micheljbeaulieu
micheljbeaulieu
Community Member

After merging 2 vaults, I ended up with almost everything duplicated.

Can this be cleaned up? Is there a tool I can use?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Merging 2 vaults resulted in almost everything duplicated. Can this be cleaned up?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @micheljbeaulieu

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Are you looking at the All Vaults view when you're seeing the duplicates? Or are they definitely all in one vault? If they are in different vaults, you may be able to remove the offending vault from view (1Password > Preferences > All Vaults > Vaults Included) or even remove it entirely (switch to viewing just that vault, then select 1Password > Delete x vault). If the items are indeed all in the same vault... that is going to be a more manual process.

Thanks.

Ben

• micheljbeaulieu
    micheljbeaulieu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I only see one (1) vault so I must have really messed things up and duplicated almost everything.

Any other suggestions?

Michel

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @micheljbeaulieu,

To make sure you only have one vault, open the main 1Password app and look in the top left corner of the app window. Do you see "All Vaults" or the name of a specific vault? If so, click on that to see a list of vaults. If you don't see the vault switcher menu in the top left corner, you definitely only have one vault, and it sounds like it contains duplicates of most of your items.

You said this happened when merging two vaults - can you elaborate on the steps you took? For example, if you exported a vault to a .1pif file and then imported that to the other vault, all the imported items would have been given a tag similar to "1pif-import-5/16/17". You could select that tag in the sidebar, select all the items listed there, and move them to the Trash (assuming the remaining items in your vault are the ones you want to keep).

Otherwise, if the duplicates are all in the same vault in your account, it sounds like you'll need to delete the duplicates manually. It might help to sort the item list by Title (which is the default) to group the duplicates together. Click on the first item and use the down arrow to go through each one. To delete a duplicate item, you can use the ⌘+Delete keyboard shortcut to make it a bit easier.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that, but hopefully this helps!

This discussion has been closed.