Categories and Favorites greyed out on iOS

Options
bfnlaw
bfnlaw
Community Member

I am just starting to test 1Password on my iPhone 6. I have the app & browser extension both installed and all my entries were synchronized via the WLAN server running on my iMac. I can open a website in Safari, hit Share and 1PW and the login I created on the iMac appears and I can select it and login to the site. HOWEVER, when I simply open the 1PW app, Categories and Favorites are both greyed out, even though my Sync info shows something like 36 items synced.

Must be some setting I have off or on, but I can't find it.

Help??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:categories greyed out

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bfnlaw: Can you tell me what you mean by "greyed out"? 1Password for iOS doesn't have a state like that, so I wonder what you're seeing. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post any sensitive information, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member
    Options

"Greyed out" means can't select that item (as opposed to light blue when something IS selectable) on the main screen of the 1Password iOS app. For example, when you first open the Safari app but haven't yet gone to a website, the "Share" icon is greyed out, as stated in the 1st line of "Get Help" on your "Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" page https://support.1password.com/ios-extension/. I have attached screenshot below:

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member
    Options

I have been testing 1Password for 19 days now; is it possible the timer is up? I thought I had 30 days to evaluate?

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I finally got it to work: I tapped Categories (even though it was greyed out) and it turned blue! I then tapped it again and I was able to get to all my items.

Not sure what's going on, but I noticed the same thing with the Settings icon right next to Categories: when I first set it up, Settings was greyed out, but after messing around with it awhile, it became selectable.
    Something for you guys to experiment with on a new install in iOS...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2017
    Options

@bfnlaw,

My apologies, but it sounds like your expectations are different from the way 1Password is designed to work.

The blue icon is the currently selected tab. The gray icons are the tabs that are not currently selected. It doesn't have any thing to do with whether the tab can be selected or not (we don't have an indicator for that, as all tabs are always select-able).

Thanks.

Ben

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, thanks for the explanation; I admit I'm not familiar with many different iOS apps.

Thanx again...
    :

• Ben
    Options

No problem. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.